Switching lanes is daunting.
You’ve already established yourself in a particular industry, built up your network of contacts, and carved out your niche as an expert in the space.
Now you’re going to do it all over again.
As a fashion influencer and the co-founder of theCURVYcon, she firmly established herself in the fashion industry before branching out and starting her own beauty brand, Coco by CeCe.
Jaclyn and CeCe get into how she pivoted to a completely different industry (not to mention a completely different business model!), brought her audience along with her, and found success along the way. Grab your headphones and scroll on to tune in!
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS
- Making Sure Your Real Life Strengths Align With Your Creative Ideas
- Switching From the Fashion to Beauty Industry
- The Future of Body Diversity as it Relates to Advertisements in the Beauty Space
- Planning a Conference vs. Developing and Launching a Product
- How You Can and Should Use Strategic Hires to Fill Your Weakness Gaps
- Biggest Challenges Going From Co-Founder to Solopreneur
- The Inspiration Behind Cocoa by CeCe and The Curvy Con
- Best Advice For Bridging the Gap Between Creativity & Business
- Trusting the Process and Getting Clear On Your Long-Term Plan
- Follow CeCe Olisa on Instagram @ceceolisa
- Follow WorkParty on Instagram @workparty
- Follow Jaclyn on Instagram @jaclynrjohnson
OTHER EPISODES YOU MIGHT LIKE . . .
- Christian Siriano on How to Handle Rejection, Advocate for Change, and Champion Inclusivity in Fashion
- Noelle Scaggs of Fitz and the Tantrums Is Making the Concert Industry More Inclusive With Diversify the Stage
SHOW OUR SPONSORS SOME LOVE!
- FightCamp. Now is the best time to get your FightCamp on! Take advantage of their holiday deal going on now. Go to JoinFightCamp.com/WORK.
- Napjitsu. For a limited time, you can receive 30% off your first purchase when you go to Napjitsu.com/PARTY.
- Printfresh. Head to printfresh.com and use code PARTY for 15% off your first order.
- CDC Vaccine. Visit the CDC website CDC.gov for additional information you can trust about how COVID-19 vaccines can protect your entire family.
Featured image: Courtesy of CeCe Olisa