Christian Siriano needs no introduction. Since winning Project Runway and launching his namesake collection in 2008, he has firmly established himself as a cultural icon over the course of his impressive career.
Not only has he been named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by TIME Magazine, but his designs have also been worn by the likes of Dr. Jill Biden, Michelle Obama, Ariana Grande, Tiffany Haddish, Billy Porter, and Helen Hunt, just to name a few.
Above all, though, he’s an advocate for change–pushing the fashion industry forward as a dedicated champion to inclusivity, both on the runway and red carpet.
On this special episode of WorkParty featuring the keynote conversation from our recent Small Business Summit, Jaclyn dives into Christian’s incredible career as a designer, how he built a veritable fashion empire, stepped into a new role as a mentor on Project Runway, and launched his newest venture, Siriano Interiors.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS
- Establishing a Career Path as a Young Designer
- Handling Rejection and Using it to Fuel Your Passion
- Why Internships are Crucial in the Beginning
- How to Know When to Turn Down an Opportunity
- Navigating the Spotlight Early in Your Career
- Evolution of Inclusivity and Diversity in Fashion
- Responsibility as a Mentor For Emerging Designers
- Project Runway Experience and Takeaways
- The Importance of Knowing Your Customer
- Follow Christian on Instagram @csiriano
- Follow Christian on Facebook @christiansiriano
- Follow Christian on Twitter @CSiriano
- Christian’s Website https://christiansiriano.com/
- Follow WorkParty on Instagram @workparty
- Follow Jaclyn on Instagram @jaclynrjohnson
- Go to Oralessentials.com and use code “PARTY” to save 15% off your first order.
- Apply to join Target Accelerators Program Today! Target Forward Founders is open to any early-stage product company, while Takeoff Beauty is perfect for beauty startups ready to enter the big leagues of retail. If either of these programs sounds like you, applications are open NOW through November 14th. Head to www.targetaccelerators.com to learn more and apply!
MORE EPISODES LIKE THIS