There’s no doubt about it, social media is changing the way small businesses are built.
With a community of potential customers at your fingertips, entrepreneurs are able to test out their business ideas on social media before they take the plunge and start raising capital. Which is something today’s WorkParty guest, Karen Perez, knows a thing or two about.
When the fashion stylist of 15 years was tasked with finding chic masks for her clients and couldn’t find any, she decided to make her own. But before launching her business, Second Wind, she announced a pre-sale on Instagram, anticipating 100 orders. She received 10,000 (!).
In this episode of WorkParty, Jaclyn chats with Karen all about how she leveraged Instagram to build a successful business, raised capital through crowdfunding, and landed her products at a major retailer.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS
- Leveraging Instagram to Build a Successful Business
- Using a Pre-Sale Strategy to Gauge Product Demand
- How to Raise Capital Through Crowdfunding
- Landing Her Products On the Shelves of a Major Retailer
- Advantages of Organic Press and Marketing
- Garnering the Attention of AOC, Jennifer Lopez, and More
- The Importance of Brand Design and Identity
-Follow Karen on Instagram @karenperezstyle
-Follow Second Wind on Instagram @bysecondwind
-Shop Second Wind https://shopsecondwind.com/
-Follow WorkParty on Instagram @workparty
-Follow Jaclyn on Instagram @jaclynrjohnson
Visit Arrae and take 25% off your first-month subscription or 10% off one-time purchases with code: WORKPARTY.