Kristin Cavallari got her start on the wildly popular reality shows “Laguna Beach” and “The Hills,” before taking a turn on “Dancing with the Stars” and starring in her own show “Very Cavallari.”
But now, she’s proving herself as a powerhouse entrepreneur. As the founder of the lifestyle brand Uncommon James, she’s making chic, affordable, functional pieces for the modern woman.
And she’s killing it.
Uncommon James brings in an estimated $30 million in revenue, and recently expanded into the clean skincare category, as well as the Dallas market with a brick-and-mortar location in Deep Ellum.
On this special episode of WorkParty straight from the stage of our recent C&C Women & Wealth event in Dallas, Texas, Jaclyn Johnson chats with Kristin all about building her veritable lifestyle empire and launching her newest venture, Uncommon Beauty.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS
- Why she expanded into the beauty and clean skincare category
- How she creates a sustainable pricing model for Uncommon James
- How to differentiate and what it takes to launch in a saturated market
- Finding work-life balance as a full-time mom and powerhouse entrepreneur
- Diversifying her selling points to growth-hack the business
- Why she’s investing in online retail just as much as brick-and-mortar
- Her biggest piece of financial advice (hint: it has to do with your bottomline!)
- How she used a business breakup to fuel her passion
- Follow Kristin Cavallari on Instagram @kristincavallari
- Follow Uncommon James on Instagram @uncommonjames
- Learn more at uncommonjames.com
- Follow WorkParty on Instagram @workparty
- Follow Jaclyn on Instagram @jaclynrjohnson
OTHER EPISODES YOU MIGHT LIKE . . .
- Christian Siriano on How to Handle Rejection, Advocate for Change, and Champion Inclusivity in Fashion
- Noelle Scaggs of Fitz and the Tantrums Is Making the Concert Industry More Inclusive With Diversify the Stage
Featured image: Courtesy of Kristin Cavallari