Being in debt isn’t a barrier to entrepreneurship.
Just ask MaryRuth Ghiyam. The wellness entrepreneur owed $700,000 (yes, $700,000!) when she launched her eponymous vitamin brand, MaryRuth Organics.
Despite carrying a significant amount of personal debt, she successfully built a nine-figure business without taking on a single investor. (Talk about impressive!)
On this episode of WorkParty, Jaclyn chats with MaryRuth all about how she paid down her debt, turned a simple but bold concept into a multi-million dollar company, and built a dedicated team in the process.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS
- Why Debt Isn’t a Barrier to Entrepreneurship
- How She Paid Off $700K in Personal Debt
- How to Start a Business While in Debt
- Strategies to Be 100% Profitable From Day One
- Abundance vs. Scarcity Financial Mentalities
- The Importance of Negative Cash Conversion
- Why She Meets With One Employee Every Day
- 5 Tips to Improve Culture & Retention Rate
- Learning How to Run a Massive Org
- Follow MaryRuth Organics on Instagram @maryruthorganics
- Follow WorkParty on Instagram @workparty
- Follow Jaclyn on Instagram @jaclynrjohnson
OTHER EPISODES YOU MIGHT LIKE . . .
- Christian Siriano on How to Handle Rejection, Advocate for Change, and Champion Inclusivity in Fashion
- Noelle Scaggs of Fitz and the Tantrums Is Making the Concert Industry More Inclusive With Diversify the Stage
SHOW OUR SPONSORS SOME LOVE!
Native • Go to native.com/party, or use code PARTY at checkout, and get 20% off your first order.
Shopify • Go to shopify.com/party for a FREE 14-day trial and get full access to Shopify’s entire suite of features.
LinkedIn • Post your job for FREE at linkedin.com/party.
OneSkin • Visit oneskin.co/party and use code PARTY for 15% off your first purchase.
Featured image: Courtesy of MaryRuth Ghiyam