Now that we’re all working from home and sheltering in place in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, logging off at the end of the day to maintain some semblance of work-life balance is harder than ever. But, guess what? If you keep going without stopping, your body will force you, eventually because you will burn out, which could mean that it will take you even longer to get back on track. As with everything, preventing is better than curing, so stop hustling and start healing before burnout sets in.
1. Have a mini declutter session.
2. Get eight hours of sleep
3. Meditate for 5 minutes.
4. Watch your favorite movie.
5. Take an Epsom salt bath with lavender.
6. Burn your favorite candle.
7. Turn off your phone for a few hours.
8. Go for a walk.
9. Write yourself a love letter.
10. Make a list of goals.
11. Put some music on and dance away.
12. Make your favorite meal or snack.
13. Go outside and put your bare feet on the grass.
14. Take your vitamins.
15. Make a cup of tea.
16. Write down 10 things you’re grateful for.
17. Give yourself a manicure.
18. Do yoga or some stretching.
19. Pick some flowers and put them in a vase.
20. Write a self-love list.
21. Have an intense workout session.
22. Listen to your favorite song.
23. Wear your favorite outfit.
24. Learn something new.
25. Sing in the shower.
26. Write a letter to your future self.
27. Create a vision board.
28. Call someone you love.
29. Read a book.
30. Take a nap.
31. Write your favorite quotes on post-it notes and stick them around the house and office
32. Write affirmations and put them where you can see them every day.
33. Organize your closet.
34. Host a virtual game night.
35. Bake your favorite cookies.
36. Try a new recipe from a cookbook.
37. Show a random act of kindness.
38. Create a bucket list.
39. Write a kind note to someone.
40. Start a journal.
41. Sleep in.
42. Go outside, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and soak in the sun.
43. Listen to a podcast.
44. Watch a documentary and learn something new.
45. Get crafty.
46. Listen to nature sounds.
47. Make a playlist of your favorite songs.
48. Work on a puzzle.
49. Do something you’ve avoided.
50. Take a moment to reflect on your life and the good things.